Contribute to the Institute
After retiring from the U.S. Senate, Senator Paul Simon established the nonpartisan Public Policy Institute at Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 1997 to continue his life’s work and values.
Your support helps the Paul Simon Public Policy Institute publish nonpartisan policy data and analysis, bring people together, and invest in the futures of students.
There are many ways you can be a part of our work, our students’ success, and Paul’s legacy through tax-deductible gifts. Gifts can be made by check, credit card online, bank electronic funds transfer, transfers of securities, or real or personal property. The Institute is happy to acknowledge gifts in memory of individuals and gifts can be made by planned giving in an estate plan.
Thank you for your support.
After his passing in 2003, the Institute was renamed the Paul Simon Public Policy Institute. Famous for wearing bow ties and horn-rimmed glasses, his advocacy for sound public policy – particularly in the areas of government ethics, opportunity and fair treatment of all people, and creating opportunities for young people – lives on through our work.
We continue Paul’s legacy through:
- Commissioning and publishing state and regional public opinion polls to provide data to lawmakers, government officials, opinion leaders and residents for better policy decision making,
- Producing analytical policy and political scholarship,
- Host events bringing nationally recognized speakers and experts to the Institute to engage students, faculty and the public, and topical conferences or symposia bringing academics and practitioners together,
- Providing supervision and funding for scholarships, internships, research assistantships and legal externships for undergraduate, graduate and law students interested in public service, and
- Hosting leadership and civic engagement activities for high school students.